Ladd Street Stair Tower in High-Hanover
Parking Facility to Temporarily Close
PORTSMOUTH, NH – The Ladd Street Stair Tower in the High-Hanover Parking Facility will be closed for renovation beginning today, Tuesday October 8th, and will be closed for approximately one week. Please note that the parking garage elevator will remain open until further notice. Anyone with questions can contact Tom Richter at the Department of Public Works (603) 766-1412. Your cooperation is always appreciated.
HIGH HANOVER PARKING GARAGE INFORMATION
Starting Jan. 3, 2013, Portsmouth residents and visitors will get their first hour of parking free at the High Hanover Parking garage. Portsmouth residents will also be able to park free on Sundays in the High/Hanover Parking Garage. All that's required is a driver's license showing Portsmouth residency. Just present your driver's license when exiting the garage to pass through free of charge. The policy applies to any Portsmouth resident who may be a passenger or a driver. For more information on the Parking Garage and monthly parking passes, please click here.
Tim Cherry, Parking Facility Manager (603) 431-5904
Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
GARAGE MONTHLY PASSSES
For more information on how to obtain a Monthly Parking pass and the cost, please visit the City of Portsmouth website (Click here)
USE OF THE PARKING FACILITY
- The speed limit in the facility is 5 mph. Please use extreme caution while driving in the facility and watch for pedestrians.
- The vertical clearance in the facility is 7' 2".
- There are three entrances to the facility - Hanover Street, High Street and Fleet Street. Hanover Street is the only entrance with a booth attendant. The attendant booth is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- There are two exits from the facility - Hanover Street and Fleet Street. The Fleet Street exit is only available to monthly lease holders.
- There is one elevator in the vicinity that exits onto High Street.
- There are four stairtowers at Hanover Street, Ladd Street, High Street and Fleet Street.
- Public Restrooms are available next to the Hanover Street entrance to the parking facility.
- The City is not responsible for articles stolen from cars or damage to cars within the facility.